The Ultimate Spring tour of North Korea is here! Take part in the amazing and unique Pyongyang Marathon – running around the city, greeting locals, finishing inside a packed stadium, and maybe even winning a prize!
For the truly adventurous traveler, this 10-night tour takes you over to the stunning east coast of DPRK, where you’ll visit the port city of Wonsan and have a chance to hike in the mountains of the beautiful but rarely visited Kumgangsan area.
You’ll also go south to Kaesong, down to the DMZ, where North and South Korea continue their face-off. This tour also visits the lively town of Pyongsong, where you can jump in on an English Language class at Kim Jong Suk Middle School and see a performance by talented young pupils at Pyongsong Conservatory of Performing Arts.
April 15th is one of the biggest holidays in the DPRK calendar – the 106th birthday of President Kim Il Sung. We’ll make sure that we’re in Pyongyang this day, soaking up the atmosphere and joining in the birthday celebrations with the locals!
Mandatory Pre-Tour Briefing
- Pre-Tour briefing near the Koryo Tours office in Beijing. You can attend a briefing at 2pm, 4pm, or 6pm
Hiking in Kumgang
- Drive 2 hours south along the West Sea to the Mt. Kumgang region
- Short hike in Samil Lagoon – A charming green-water coastal lagoon lined by pine forests. Named for the ‘three-day’ (sam-il) of a king in days gone-by to take in the full beauty of the area. The red buoy floating in the middle marks the site of a shot taken by noted sharpshooter Kim Jong Suk, the wife of President Kim Il Sung.
- Afternoon hike in Mt. Kumgang – ‘The Diamond Mountain’ – a series of peaks and canyons rising above Korea’s eastern seaboard and regarded since time immemorial as one of the most scenic regions in East Asia. So beautiful that seven fairies are said to have once descended from the heavens to bathe here. A place of pilgrimage for poets, artists, intellectuals, aristocrats, and royalty in medieval times. The perfect place to spend a day hiking and relaxing: ‘The scenery is good and the living is too’, as the song goes (ask someone to sing it for you!)
- Overnight in Kumgangsan Hotel, Mt Kumgang
Please note that the itinerary may differ slightly to what is above but your tour leader will do their best to ensure that as much is covered as possible and will also add in extras when there is time such as a visit to a local bar or a funfair. We visit the DPRK regularly and know all the best places to go to make your trip even more unique. We will make the most of your time in the DPRK to guarantee the experience of a lifetime.
Unless you hold a valid multi entry visa for China at the time of travel, you are required to organise for a double entry visa for China for this tour.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO KORYO TOURS APPLICATION SYSTEM TO COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING